|DROP OFF TIME||4:30pm (approximately)|
Especially designed for those who would love to do an all-inclusive tour of some of the World famous venues in Rome and a private Vatican tour, with one of our tour drivers AND one of our professional guides, for an all day guided experience.
Visit Rome’s amazing features, on this private tour. This includes a private tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter’s Basilica!
You will enjoy riding in one of our fleet’s Luxurious vehicles, with your very own private tour driver.
Of course, they have special permission to Enter certain areas of the City where most vehicles have traffic limitations, especially coaches and buses. You will be able to visit more sites, and fully enjoy your professional guide’s explanations, on this Rome and Vatican tour.
Once in Rome, your first stop will be up on the Gianicolo hill where you can embrace the most amazing view of Rome. You will drive by the refreshing fountain of the “Goddess of Roma” featured in the film THE GREAT BEAUTY – by Paolo Sorrentino.
As you’ve reached Rome’s historical center, you’ll meet with your personal guide for the day. Which will give you a quick over view on what you will be doing and what you will see during the tour.
• Colosseum – The ancient amphitheater, where people of the Roman Times used to watch gruesome gladiators life threatening fights, as well as other spectacles of great daring and skill. The construction of this massive structure that could seat approx. 80,000 visitors was started in 72 AD by Emperor Vespasian.
• Roman Forum – This was once the glorious political, religious and social center of Rome. The ancient structures that were established by emperors, consuls, and senators over a period of 900 years, fell in ruins after the 4th Century. It is such an evocative location, that reflects the habits and social impact of the Romans’ life style through Hundreds of years.
• Arch of Constantine – The Arch of Constantine is for sure, Rome’s best preserved triumphal arches. The monument is covered with figures depicting Constantine’s victory over Maxentius at the Milvian Bridge. History comes alive with your guide’s stories.
• Circus Maximus – An ancient race track, still visible to this day!
• Piazza Venezia – This square is the heart of the city. World famous for the Monument in Honor of the First Italian King. It also holds the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The monument can be seen from all of the seven hills of Rome.
• Pantheon – This is the best-preserved building of ancient Rome. The original temple was built in 27 BC and dedicated to the planetary gods.
Some other points of interest that you will be able to see include the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, of course.
The Vatican Museums contain an incredible collection of art and treasures collected by the various popes in time. Your guide will walk you through a portion of this fascinating museum.
The Sistine Chapel is a masterpiece, built in 1473 as the private papal chapel for Pope Sixtus IV. It took Michelangelo four years at the height of the Renaissance to paint the ceiling’s wonderful frescos of the CREATION.
Twenty-four years later, he painted the extraordinary LAST JUDGEMENT on the end wall. The other walls of the chapel were painted by artists including Botticelli, Ghirlandaio, Pinturicchio and Signorelli. THE RESTORATION OF THE SISTINE CHAPEL is known as the Best Work of Art ever done.
Christendom’s most magnificent church, which was begun in 1452 on the site where St. Peter was buried.
Throughout the following 200 years, Renaissance masters like Bramante, Michelangelo, Raphael and Bernini worked on its design and created an unparalleled masterpiece. Of special note are Michelangelo’s PIETA and the bronze canopy over the high ALTAR by BERNINI. The immense dome was designed by Michelangelo. Your qualified guide will talk you through the art history making these all the more memorable.
Saint Peter’s Square is another of Bernini’s creations. It is one of the loveliest squares in the World. It has twin Doric colonnades topped with statues of various Saints and martyrs flanking both sides of the square. An 84-foot obelisk, brought from Egypt in 37 AD, stands in the center. At the head of the square there’s St. Peter’s Basilica, and to the right there’s the Vatican Palace. A breath-taking and impressive sight.
After such an exciting and interesting day, you’ll enjoy the relaxing ride back to the cruise ship.
The above tour includes deluxe transportation, an English-speaking driver and once in Rome an official expert guide for the whole part of the tour.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be in good physical shape, to be able to walk over cobblestone surfaces and climb some steps. A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter’s Basilica and Vatican City. PLEASE NOTE short pants, tank tops, and revealing clothing are not acceptable. Ladies need to have their shoulders and knees covered.
* SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO COLOSSEUM, VATICAN MUSEUMS & SISTINE CHAPEL : We offer the possibility of reserving skip the line tickets directly during the booking process. That way, everything will be taken care of.
As an alternative, you can find the tickets on the official websites of Colosseum and Vatican Museums. In this case, you will need to reserve the Colosseum entrance for 10:00am, and the Vatican entrance for 1:00pm. Also, to enter Saint Peter’s Basilica from inside the Vatican (without having to exit and go all the way around), there is a very small fee to pay, at the entrance. Our skip the line tickets already include this special pass, so you won’t have to worry about that, if you choose to book the tickets through us.
PLEASE NOTE: the Vatican museum & Sistine chapel are closed on Sundays (except the last Sunday of the month). In this last circumstance the Vatican does not allow any pre -reserved entrance tickets on the last Sunday of every month as it is free to enter and therefore, you may have to wait in long line.
A private English speaking tour driver, and a professional private guide for the whole tour. Nothing more exciting and fun than this private tour!!