Terms and Conditions
Personal data processing statutory notice
Discovery Tours Srl (hereinafter also “Discovery Tours”), as data controller, in accordance with article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter the “GDPR”), is providing the following information about the processing of the personal data which you, as the data subject, have provided us:
- a) for buying a travel package;
- b) within the context of our services;
- c) registration on the Discovery Tours web site and/or app or the filling in of forms on the Discovery Tours web site.
We do not collect or process special category data (GDPR Art 9 “… personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and … genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation …”).
Nature of data provision and consequences arising out of any refusal
The provision of your personal data is optional; however, without the data requested for the purposes shown in a) and b), the service requested or part thereof may not be performed and you may not be able to take advantage of above-mentioned opportunities.
The provision of optional data shall allow Discovery Tours to enhance the services offered, for rendering them better tailored to the personal interests of its passengers.
Personal data recipient categories
Your data shall not be disseminated. Your data may be disclosed only for the purposes stated above to the following categories of persons and entities:
- – Discovery Tours in-house staff, appointed as data processing agents and/or data processor;
- – to the suppliers and/or agents/operators which, on board ships and ashore, provide services required during the cruise (e.g. port agents, guides, chaffeurs/drivers etc.);
- – persons, companies, associations or professional firms providing services or advisory or consulting services to Discovery Tours for protecting its claims (e.g. chartered accountants, physicians, lawyers, tax consultants, auditors and consultants within auditing or due diligence operations, etc.);
- – persons, companies or agencies that provide marketing services and analysis or consulting activities to Discovery Tours;
- – persons and entities that are authorised to access your data, both recognised by law and secondary legislation or by orders issued by authorities empowered by law, including port authorities at the place of landing.
The list of persons and entities to which your data have been disclosed is available at the company at the following addresses:
Discovery Tours srl, Via IV Novembre, no. 10, 00069 Trevignano Romano (ROME, Italy).
Retention of personal data
Personal data shall be retained for a period of time not exceeding that necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and subsequently processed. Personal data shall be retained for the full duration of the contract which you have entered into and for a subsequent period:
- i. within the periods established under prevailing legislation;
- ii. within the periods established under legislation, including secondary legislation, which require data to be kept (for example tax returns);
- iii. within the period necessary for protecting the rights of the data controller in the event of any disputes arising concerning performance;
Personal data collected and processed for profiling shall be retained for a maximum period of ten (10) years, at the end of which they shall be automatically deleted and rendered permanently anonymous.
Data Controller and Data Processors
The Data Controller is:
Discovery Tours srl, with address in Via IV Novembre, no. 10, 00069 Trevignano Romano (ROME, Italy).
Data subject rights
At any time, in accordance with articles 15 to 22 of the GDPR, you are entitled to:
- a) access your personal data;
- b) request your personal data to be corrected;
- c) revoke, at any time, consent to the use and disclosure of your personal data;
- d) request your personal data to be deleted;
- e) receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as the right to send your data to another data controller;
- f) oppose the processing of personal data concerning you for marketing or profiling purposes;
- g) obtain restriction on the processing of personal data;
- h) lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- i) receive a notification whenever there is a personal data breach;
- j) request information about:
- i. the purposes of processing;
- ii. the categories of personal data;
- iii. the recipients or categories of recipients to whom personal data have been or will be disclosed, specifically, whenever data have been sent to recipients in third countries or international organisations and the existence of adequate guarantees;
- iv. the period personal data shall be retained;
- v. whenever data have not been collected from the data subject, all information regarding their origin.
You may exercise these rights and/or obtain further information about personal data processing, by sending a notification:
- – via e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or to Discovery Tours srl Via IV Novembre, no. 10, 00069 Trevignano Romano (ROME, Italy)