Your English-speaking tour driver will welcome you at the dock beside your cruise ship in Civitavecchia at 8:00am (suggested time), to discover the many splendors of Rome. This tour is especially designed for first time visitors, who want to learn more about the history and secrets of the Eternal City.
The 90-minute drive to Rome will give you a chance to share your tastes and interests, and your tour driver can fashion the most ideal day for you, honoring your requests whenever possible. Thanks to our tour driver’s expert knowledge of the city, you will waste no time! This means you’ll be able to visit and understand the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia ( also known as the wedding cake monument & Mussolini’s balcony), the Capitoline hill, the Palatine hill, the Circus Maximus, the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and the Spanish Steps.
You will also pass by several other attractions that your tour driver will point out to you, such as the Via Veneto, the Castle of St. Angelo and its bridge, the Italian Senate, the Marble Foot and Cat Street (Roman Curiosity), Trajan’s Column, Trajan’s Market, The Maps of the Empire, Arch of Constantine, Marcus Aurelius’s Column, Parliament and Council of Ministers, St. Nicholas in Chains, temples of Apollo, Vesta and Janus, and Quirinal Palace. At some point, you will stop for lunch, which can either be a leisurely meal in a local restaurant or a snack at a coffee shop (if you want to make it quick!).
Your tour driver will always be ready to suggest the most convenient places in the neighborhood; he enjoys taking his visitors to quaint, little restaurants where they can get an authentic atmosphere of Rome. After you take a relaxing Roman lunch, you will drive to the Vatican City and stop at St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in the world. Take some time to admire Michelangelo’s “Pieta” and the beautiful Bernini Pulpit.
Of course, your tour driver is entirely flexible – if there is a special place that you want to see, just let him know! We will depart from Rome in order to be back at the dock beside your cruise ship at around 5.00pm.
This tour length is approximately 9 hours in total and is conducted by an English-speaking tour driver that will not enter sites but drive you around and show you places, pointing out things while explaining what they are, as well as stopping at the places that require a visit and helping you access them.
* NO LINE COLOSSEUM & ROMAN FORUM TICKETS:
Price of Colosseo & Roman Forum standard admission tickets booked online is 14 Euros p/p. Please purchase your tickets to the Coliseum & Roman Forum in advance by clicking HERE
Once completed select to print your vouchers at home and bring them with you in order to avoid long ticket line as the vouchers are required to be converted into tickets:
Please note that for safety reasons the Coliseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors.
- Depart pier and drive to Rome- 75 minutes (depending on traffic conditions);
- You have approximately 6 hours to spend in Rome. The order of the tour can vary based on traffic conditions. The amount of time spent at each stop is based on your interests and time available;
- Return to pier in Civitavecchia- 75 minutes (depending on traffic conditions);
- Tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering the mentioned sites;
• Pick up/drop off directly at your ship gangway
• A fun and informative private English speaking tour driver to lead you through the day
• Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped luxury Mercedes Benz vehicle
• fresh bottled water on board
• Parking, city passes, fuel & tolls
Meals & entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
Gratuities (entirely at the client’s discretion)