Our English-speaking tour driver will welcome you at your hotel or at any other places of your convenience in Rome. After, you will drive directly to Pompeii via highway A1.
Pompeii is a buried and ruined Roman city near modern Naples in the Italian region of Campania, in the territory of the commune of Pompeii. It, along with Herculaneum (its sister city), was destroyed, and completely buried during a catastrophic eruption of the volcano, Mount Vesuvius spanning two days on August 24, 79 AD.
The volcano collapsed higher roof-lines, and buried Pompeii under many meters of ash and pumice. It was lost for nearly 1,700 years before its accidental rediscovery in 1748. Since then, its excavation has provided an extraordinarily detailed insight into the life of a city at the height of the Roman Empire. Today, it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Italy and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
After Pompeii, we will drive you to Herculaneum, an ancient Roman town, located in the territory of the current commune of Ercolano. Its ruins can be found at the coordinates 40°48’21?N, 14°20’51?E, in the Italian region of Campania. It is most famous for having been lost, along with Pompeii, in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Since the discovery of bones in 1981, some 150 skeletons have been found. Herculaneum was a smaller town, with a wealthier population than Pompeii at the time of its destruction.
Our English-speaking tour driver will be happy to suggest some local, typical restaurants in that area. After lunch, your English-speaking tour driver will drive you back to Rome.
This tour length 10 hours approx. and is conducted by an English-speaking tour/driver that will not enter sites but drive you around and show you places, pointing out things while explaining what they are, as well as stopping at the places that require a visit and helping you access them.
*Upon request, an official archeologist E.S. guide can be provided for Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Certainly with a private guided tour exclusively for you and your group makes the difference.
• Luxury vehicles air-conditioned and fully equipped
• English-speaking tour/driver
• Fuel, tolls, parking fees included
• Personal and courteous service
• Fresh bottled water on board
• All vehicles are fully licesed and insured according to Italian law
• Meals & entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
• Private 2 hours guided tour of Pompeii with an official E.S. guide cost 125 Euro
• Private 90 minutes guided tour of Herculaneum with an official E.S. guide cost 100 Euro
• Gratuities (entirely at the client’s discretion)