The battlefield tour of Anzio is an unforgettable experience to retrace the places of the Landing of Anzio which took place on 22th January 1944. You will have the chance to travel over again the places of Anzio and the areas of the Liberation from the Nazifascists which occurred on 4th June 1944.
On this tour you will get the chance to see and visit the Anzio War Museum, Anzio War Cemetery (the American monumental cemetery or the English cemetery) and the Beachhead Cemetery, before going to the infamous Flyover at Campo di Casni, scene of fighting in 1944.
Upon request you can visit the areas adjacent to beaches such as Peter Beach and x-ray BEACH. In addition, one walks through the trenches and individual paths of American and British soldiers.
This tour length approximately 6 hours in total and includes pick up and drop off between your hotel in Rome or surrounding area.
You will be accompanied by your own English speaking driver and historical guide specialized in the italian campaign of WW2 and particularly the the battle of Anzio and Rome, with who you can personalize your visit for an unique experience.
• Pick up/drop off directly at your hotel or any other place of your convenience in Rome
• An English speaking driver & a historical English speaking guide to lead you through the day
• Private transportation by air-conditioned and fully equipped luxury Mercedes Benz vehicle
• Free wi-fi and fresh bottled water on board
• Parking, city passes, fuel & tolls
Meals & entrance fees (unless specified on your confirmation voucher)
Gratuities (entirely at the client’s discretion)